Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
report original research findings in Buddhist studies such as Buddhist philosophy, history, scriptures, practices, rituals, meditation, ethics, and the application of Buddhist teachings in contemporary contexts. The research article needs to have a clear research question, methodology, results, and conclusion. It should also have a simple and brief discussion about the research findings, their importance, and how they contribute to the relevant field of study. The entire length of the manuscript, including references, should not be more than 8000 words.
provide a thorough examination of existing literature on a particular topic within Buddhist studies and social sciences, humanities, and other related fields. These articles critically analyze and combine the information from various sources, identify areas where knowledge is lacking, and propose future directions for research. Review articles have more flexibility in terms of format and length compared to research articles. Typically, they are shorter than 7,500 words, including references.
During the submission process, the authors are asked to agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Copyright Notice, which will apply to the submission if and when it is published by this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.